RE: Heterogeneous Replication

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:57:53 -0500

Kathy,

        Sure your not using the Sql*Server gateway product?  I can't find any =
licensing info on Oracle.com about it & our sales rep didn't understand =
what we were talking about either (not a first I should also mention).  =
Also as is noted on Oracle.com these types of products are not sold by =
the CPU, but for the computer as a whole.

BTW: That's cheap.  Try Partitioning at $10K per cpu or RAC at $20K per.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA