Hetero Services on HP-UX

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:36:47 -0500

HP-UX 11.11
Oracle 9.2.0.4 64bit

Been following Note:214834.1 on metalink about setting up HSODB on HP-UX. I
want to access a sqlsvr database from oracle. I'm making the stub file to
relink the HSODBC executable.
Here is the cpprtO.s file
         .code
; stubs for static constuctors in a.out
         .export __StaticCtorTable_Start,data
         .export __StaticCtorTable_End,data
__StaticCtorTable_Start
__StaticCtorTable_End

          .data
; stubs for static constructors in a.out, compiled with +z/+Z
          .export __ZStaticCtorTable_Start,data
          .export __ZStaticCtorTable_End,data
__ZStaticCtorTable_Start
__ZStaticCtorTable_End

when I try to compile doing
cpprt0_stub.s -o ./cpprt0_stub.o
I get
cpprtO_stub.s: .code:  not found.
cpprtO_stub.s[2]: Syntax error at line 3 : `newline or ;' is not expected.

Has anyone done this before and have any tips. I'm probably going to move to
a solaris box and try to set it up as it doesn't have the relinking step.

Thanks
Mike
ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx