RE: Help with the SQL*PLUS copy command

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx" <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:29:23 -0700

I've never used the COPY command before, but according to the doc
(http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14357/apb.htm) your
syntax looks wrong to me.  It's supposed to be:

COPY FROM database INSERT . . . USING . . ;
where database has the following syntax:
username[/password]@connect_identifier

It looks like you've specified schema.table instead of username/password.

Regards,
Brandon