Help with sql identifying dup constraints

  • From: Barbara Baker <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:07:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all.
I appear to have a bit of a mess on my hands. I've
identified some tables that have a duplicate "not
null" constraint on the same column.  Only difference
in the constraints is that one is generated and one is
user named (even tho they're both sys_c00xxx
constraints).

(I believe this happened when a vendor used a 3rd
party pkg to try to duplicate their schema in our
database.)

I'd like to identify all of the tables with this
condition. Any method I can think to do this requires
comparing the search condition of dba_constraints,
which is a LONG.

Can anyone think of a way to do this?  Perhaps I'm
overlooking something simple.  Thanks for any help.
Barb

SYSTEM:ENT>select a.constraint_name,
  2         b.constraint_name,
  3         a.table_name,
  4         a.search_condition,
  5         b.search_condition
  6  from dba_constraints a,
  7       dba_constraints b
  8  where a.table_name  = b.table_name
  9    and a.search_condition=b.search_condition
 10    and a.table_name = 'ACTUALPAGES'
 11  /
  and a.search_condition=b.search_condition
      *
ERROR at line 9:
ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

> select constraint_name, constraint_type,
search_condition, generated f
rom user_constraints where table_name='ACTUALPAGES';

  Constraint              Search
     Name      C         Condition         GENERATED
SYS_C0010088   C "PAPER" IS NOT NULL       USER NAME
SYS_C0010089   C "PDATE" IS NOT NULL       USER NAME
SYS_C0013708   C "PAPER" IS NOT NULL       GENERATED
NAME
SYS_C0013709   C "PDATE" IS NOT NULL       GENERATED
NAME