Help with loading data from PostgreSQL into Oracle

  • From: Chris Hoover <revoohc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:32:56 -0400

I need some help getting data from PostgreSQL to load into Oracle.  I
have extracted the PostgreSQL data into a file as insert statements.
However, I am having a problem I'm not sure how to handle.  Sqlplus is
interpreting some of the data that is in the strings.  How can I turn
this off?  Forgive me if this is trivial, but it has been several
years since I've done much work with Oracle.

Here are some examples of what is going on.

insert into table x values (1,'map: abcdefg');
sqlplus asks for a value for map:

insert into table y values ('test values','this & that');
sqlplus ask for a value for that.

How can I stop this?  I need sqlplus to load the data as given and not
try to "interpret it".

thanks,

chris