Help with hash function

  • From: "Harvinder Singh" <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:58:51 -0400

Hi,

We have a requirement that we need to separate our accounts (one of
column in table) into 1024 buckets so I am thinking of applying hash
function to this column and based on the hash send the account to one of
bucket.=20
So basically we have to write a hash function that will take 1 input and
associate it will particular bucket and it is deterministic that for
each value it will always send it to same bucket. Any article or link
will be helpful that can explain how to write this hash function?

Thanks
--Harvinder