Re: Help with database corruption issue

  • From: Steve Montgomerie <stmontgo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 23:24:11 -0400

Thanks List!

Dennis and Peter,

We could start 19 of 20 databases. When we tried to start database X,
it would lock up the mount point,
would not open, and would hang all of the other 19 databases.

The actual error points to software corruption. Something like running
fsck against a mounted file system.
SA swears he did not do that we believe him.

In regards to the error it points to s system utility that detects a
bad block and then tries to fix it which ends
up with the header information being zeroed out of some blocks.

The only thing that makes sense to me, is that the CP command somehow
rebuilt the header information
of the bad blocks. Is that possible?