RE: Help with 10g AS and OID

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:36:06 -0600

I did that in 9i (9.0.1) on Linux and it was *very* unreliable.  It was
explained to me that the 9i OID replication was really not full-blown
Oracle AR due to the fact that some of the LDAP object attributes or
tree or something (I forget) had to be different between the two
servers, which AR wouldn't allow.  Anyway, we could not get it stable
for more than a week or two at a time and Oracle Support couldn't
replicate it, so we junked it.

Maybe 10g will be more reliable...  ;)

Rich