Help with 10g AS and OID

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:04:47 -0500

Hi,

I just completed an install of 10g AS infrastructure.  I'm about ready
to pull my hair out.....(and those of you who have not met me, trust me,
I don't have a lot to spare! ;-))  All I want to do is use the OID
features to distribute my TNS connect strings and eliminate tnsnames.ora
files.  I don't care about single sign on or any of the other crap that
10g AS provides!

I (think I) have discovered that I want to run 'netmgr' to do what I
want.  However, when I run 'netmgr', the window comes up, and on the
left side, when I select 'Service Naming', I get a pop up stating "Enter
a username and password to connect to this directory server:"  Help!!
What username/password am I supposed to enter here?  I tried:  SYSTEM,
ias_admin, orcladmin, and, I even tried creating a user in the directory
for me and logging in as me!

Does anyone know anything about 10g AS?  OID?  What I need to do next?
I've been poking around both Tahiti and MetaLink, with no luck thus far.
Any thoughts, ideas, clues or pointers to any documentation at all would
be greatly appreciated!

AdvTHANKSance,

-Mark
--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."
 <<Bobak, Mark.vcf>>
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Bobak;Mark
FN:Bobak, Mark
ORG:ProQuest Information and Learning;Database Group
TITLE:Software Architect, Sr-TPD
TEL;WORK;VOICE:734.975.6086
ADR;WORK:;ECC4-N01E04;1400 Eisenhower Parkway
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:ECC4-N01E04=0D=0A1400 Eisenhower Parkway
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20051213T223654Z
END:VCARD