Re: Help critical install shared cdroms

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:32:24 +0100

On 5/15/05, Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> w=
rote:
> So I ended up saying the heck with it as I don't want to go much farther
> without hooking up with the system admin.
>=20
> I instead did a scp from the disk to the target host which brings up
> another question.
>=20
> Doing a scp -pr everything is owned by root - any known "gotchas" about
> copying the files with "-pr" then running the install from a staging
> area?

Assuming that you're installing under the oracle user and oinstall
group after the copy cd to the directory above the staging are and use
the following command (as root):

chown -R oracle:oinstall [staging area directory]

This will change the ownership of the files in the staging area to
oracle with the oinstall group.

Personally I'd download the .cpio.gz  files from technet and unpack
them under the oracle user.

Stephen
--=20