Hello some idea to include a contract clause to protect against virtual machines

  • From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:46:49 -0400

Hello, please
does anybody includes in the contract something against the use of virtual
machines to install Oracle.
One of our customer has a virtual machine that degrades the performance,
and is necessary to restart the server periodically.
They expect we solve something we can't solve, because the problem is in
the virtual machine, other customer with the same software doesn't have
that problem.

I was asking myself if there is a "standard" clause in the contracts for
the customer to free from problem related to virtual machines.
In example I read there is no support from oracle for vmware machines, if
you have a bug you have to demostrate this same bug happens in a physical
installation too.

Thank you :)