RE: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • From: "Matthew Zito" <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:47:23 -0400

 You'd need a lot of oracle_homes.  That being said, the question is, is
the difficulty of having lots of ohomes larger than the difficulty in
having to patch one oracle_home that then patches a bunch of databases
at once.  I have seen companies follow the one-per model even for
clusters like you describe - not to sixty, but to 10-nodes managing
approximately 30-40 databases, with each database having 1-5 instances
across some combination of nodes.

Matt