Re: Heads Up on Grid Control 10.2

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:50:18 -0700

On 9/29/06, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't used GC yet - only the DB console, and I was a little put off by the new inteface at first, but it is pretty nice and powerful once you find your way around. My biggest gripe now is the stability - I have to restart the dbconsole server processes about once per week. I'd imagine the GC interface is almost exactly the same as the DB console, right? Do people typically have the same stability issues with GC?

I haven't heard anything about GC stability issues.

I've never used the dbconsole, so I can't comment too much on that.

A couple things I do know about the differences between GC and DBConsole.

 * dbconsole is per database
 * GC is a standalone application with it's own app server and mgt server
database

The only instability I saw in the demo's was the one the instructor
encountered, that
I have mentioned in another post.

There were absolutely no GC instabilities encountered by me or anyone around
me
during the workshop. The biggest problem a few folks had was getting onto
the
network. The guy next to me was using an old Compaq Notebook running
Fedora 9.  Though we were told that GC works best with IE 6.0, he had very
few
problems using Firefox as the browser for GC.  Certainly nothing that was a
show
stopper.

There are a couple of GC workshops scheduled in Phoenix, AZ and Salt Lake
City, UT.
http://www.oracle.com/dm/07h1field/evite_oem_workshops_sep_oct.html

Don't know about workshops in other countries, though a search on
Oracle.comwould
likely find some others.

--
Jared Still