Re: Having both dbwr_io_slaves and disk_asynch_io set

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:46:43 -0700

Richard,

DBWR_IO_SLAVES is a really poor attempt at asynch I/O, and it has dozens of
bugs against it from v8.0.x through v9.2.0x.  Don't take my word for it --
search MetaLink on the parameter name as keyword, be sure to click on
besides.  Don't use it.

If you feel you need more bandwidth on your DBWR, then please consider
setting DB_WRITER_PROCESSES > 1 -- setting it no higher than CPU_COUNT seems
to work OK.

Hope this helps...

-Tim