Re: Hash Table Infrastructure ran out of memory

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Taral Desai <taral.desai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:14:09 -0700

As I mentioned, my guess is that the execution plan has a HASH GROUP
BY operation and you are hitting a bug and hence your most productive
means of resolution is to work with Oracle support.  They will work
with you to diagnose the issue to verify it is indeed the bug I
mentioned.

As a means of "guess" debugging on your own you can try to disable the
hash aggregation by using the hint
/*+ NO_USE_HASH_AGGREGATION */
and see if that avoids the bug, but the bug I mentioned has already
been fixed and is part of 10.2.0.4 as well as available as a one off
patch for 10.2.0.3.

I'm now sure how else I could help you dig into the issue.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn