Hash Partition in OLTP with VPD

  • From: Karth Panchan <keyantech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 20:11:13 -0400

All
I am working on re-architect existing high transaction OLTP system facing
customers with 1Million users per hour.

It is on Oracle 11.2 Version on Enterprise Linux with 2 node RAC.

This system faced by around approx 8000 clients. Microsoft .NET web tier.

I am new to this place and in database, many tables are Hash partitioned
using VPD.

I was debating myself, it would be better with none other Hash Partition.
Not sure, it is because last 7 years I developed most of partition types
except Hash.

Anyone have insight/experience with Hash on OLTP (or) with VPD?

Thanks in advance.

Karth