Happy Holidays Folks, Fellow DBAs .............OT

  • From: "VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:33:58 +0530

Cheers

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paula Stankus
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:00 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Happy Holidays

I just wanted to send a quick note of thanks and say that I have
appreciated this larger community of sages and experts to keep me
motivated, learning and out of the fire as I have transitioned back from
management and SQL Server into my first RDBMS, Oracle.  I was able to
make that transition back successfully under some difficult conditions
and although I have been balancing that with family in an environment
that is wholefully understaffed things are going very well.

There are times that this forum is the only objective, technical area
where I can say "This is reasonable, right?  This isn't rocket science,
this is truly best-practices and not just something I am just being
idealistic about, people are doing this in other places?"  It is also a
place where if I do not have the right idea I can expect to be
corrected, sometimes with humour, often with patience, often with many
different solutions and mostly in a professional way.

I just want to say thanks and best wishes to everyone and their
families.

As I get some additional staff on my team and my children start getting
older, I hope to be able to pay back in kind.  I have mentored and am
mentoring junior DBA's working with me, colleagues who are DBA's in
other organizations citing the original source of the idea which
generally is one of the Oak Table but is often somebody from this group.
Sooner or later as my 10 and 7 year old get older, I will have lots of
experience and more time.  I plan to mentor much more, hoping to make a
difference to people by using what I have learned over the years that is
of any value.  I will remember to be kind, patient and really think
about what I am writing.  I will show people the best sources rather
then just giving them the answer or thinking I came up with the idea on
my own.  It is funny how often I freely do that now.  Hey, don't believe
me.  Read this book from this author who by the way has X number of
years of experience, was in this position working for Oracle, owns this
company, yadayad.  These guys are far better than me.  Heck, don't
listen to me at all but please, please read this book or that book or
see this article or see this stream of e-mails and who is responding and
what they are saying.:)....:):):)

Thanks again!

Happy Holidays.!!  :):)

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.