HTTP_Server Not Starting in OMS

  • From: Patrick Elliott <elliotp1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:49:16 -0600

I ran into the issue where the httpd process died because the
$OH/Apache/Apache/logs/access_log file became greater than 2G in size.
Ordinarily I just cat /dev/null on the file and do the "opmnctl startall" and
everything is fine.
This time I am getting the error "time out while waiting for a managed process
to start".
The error in the
/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/em/oms10g/opmn/logs/HTTP_Server~1 file is
    /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/em/oms10g/Apache/Apache/bin/apachectl stop:
httpd (no pid file) not running
Ths status of the HTTP_Server ias-component is Stop.
I tried adding a timeout for this component in the opmn.xml, but it didn't work.
I did remove all of the files in the $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/logs directory.
I am afraid that I removed something that needed to stay.
I have tried manually killing the httpd process multiple times.
Both the opmnctl startall and opmnctl stopall are timing out on the HTTP_Server
component.

Patrick Elliott
"You don't truly fail until you quit."