RE: HOW TO SET SEQUENCE VALUE

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Howard Latham' <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:49:45 -0500

Howard,

It seems to me that NOCACHE numbers can only be 'lost' if they are selected but
never used by a session?

As the values are not stored in memory, they should not be lost by being aged
out or instance restarts - right?

Can you clarify an instance where a NOCACHE sequence number would be lost?

Thanks,

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.