Re: HOW TO SET SEQUENCE VALUE

  • From: Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:26:34 +0100

Unfortunately Sequence numbers along with a couple of other 'features'
often appear
in 'My First Oracle System'  I was thinking of varchar2 - If you want
to see your data again don't put it in there! :-)
I don't really see why the manual doesn't say next to sequences
numbers that contiguous numbers cannot be guaranteed to prevent this
error. I don't think this would do Oracle's Reputation any harm, in
fact warning of 'silly' assumptions would be a good thing. (I'm sure
it says it somewhere but it should be prominent.)