Re: HACMP automatic Oracle failover in non-RAC environment

  • From: Peter Barnett <regdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DIANNA.GIBBS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:11:18 -0700 (PDT)

We evaluated HACMP for clustering but ended up on VCS.  Mostly for political
reasons.

Regardless, the single point of failure continues to be storage.  We have a
large installed AIX base.  Node failure is almost unheard of.  However, storage
failure seems to be an annual event.

Pete Barnett
DBA Tech Lead
Regence