RE: Grow existing DBFs or add more?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:43:07 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Ted,

I knew I hadn't stated that very well.  I never thought that any single
extent would be striped among datafiles, since the definition of extent is
"contiguous blocks".

Since I'm newish to RMAN and am far from a storage expert, I was fishing for
something like "never expand old datafiles because...".  Also, since I
arrived here one month prior to the final implementation phase of this ERP,
ASM was out of the question.  :)

It seems like I was happily barking up a nonexistant tree.  Hopefully there
was no one in the forest to hear it, or some other nonsensical metaphor...

Thanks, Ted!

Rich