Re: Grooming DBAs ?

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: janine@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:52:48 +0100

On 10/10/05, Janine Sisk <janine@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, I haven't either.  I was expecting him to get lots of replies poking fun
> at the idea of DBAs grooming each other like monkeys. ;)

Same here.

Another common use of the word 'grooming' here in the UK, and I'd
thought the rest of the world, is someone getting (usually undeserved)
special treatment, training and opportunites to advance their career.

e.g. "John's got another no-brainer project.  He's being groomed for
management, brown nosing bastard."

Stephen