Re: Grid (cloud) Control licensing

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx" <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 08:02:23 -0700 (PDT)

The Licensing guide/doc in the documentation for EM is the best place to look:
There is usually a licensing guide in each document set.  One for DB, one for
FMW, one for EM, etc..

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/license.121/e24474/ch1_introduction.htm#CJADBDCI

1.5 Enterprise Manager Restricted-use License
        * Enterprise Manager includes a restricted-use license of the Oracle
Database for use only with the Oracle Management Repository or other
complementary repositories included with Enterprise Manager (such as, Ops
Center, Real User Experience Insight, Load Testing, and Test Manager).
Additional database options or additional servers for disaster recovery require
separate licensing. Customers receive one single-instance database with the
Cloud Control, or RMAN, repository. To protect the repository with Data Guard,
customers need to purchase a license for the standby site. To protect the
repository with Oracle Real Application Clusters, customers must license the
second node for the database, and both nodes require an Oracle Real Application
Clusters license.
        * Use of Oracle WebLogic Server with Oracle Enterprise Manager is
restricted to the servlet functionality without clustering for the Oracle
Management Service (OMS).
        * Use of Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder is licensed, as long as a the
assemblies are deployed through Enterprise Manager.
        * Oracle Enterprise Manager includes restricted use of Oracle Business
Intelligence Publisher and Business Intelligence Mobile for use with Enterprise
Manager functions and interfaces only.