Grid Start options in Data Guard Setup

  • From: Stalin <stalinsk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:51:42 -0700

All,
We have 2 node RAC cluster running 11.2.0.3 latest PSUs on RHEL Linux 6x,
and a DG environment with similar setup. When we did the DG setup, we made
the Grid Startup options to be mount for the database in Standby. So that
even if the server(s) in DG environment gets rebooted or DB resources
crashes, DB would be brought back to mount mode. Now the question is, If we
were to switch the roles where DG environment becomes primary and primary
(use to be) becomes Standby, should we manually change the Grid Startup
options to open in Primary and Mount in Standby?

Wondering if there are ways to have Grid change it's option based on DB
Role.

Note: We use DGMGRL for all our DG maintenance but don't use fast-start
failover.

--
Thanks,

Stalin