Re: Grid Control - opinions please

  • From: "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:35:33 +0200

We manage our current environment with OEM (oracle 9.2 version).

If you look at it with a few machines and for a short time, it seems to
work. It is even possible to send events to HP openview.

We have a 300+ environment. We still are able to administer, but it is a
HUGE effort and it hardly works. We even bought packs.

Oracle support for agents is NOWHERE (we even downgrade because of the lack
of support), and we keep encountering very stupid things. Last week we
flushed 600.000 notices because OEM registers a mail and a page notification
even if you have not configured it......

frits