Grid Control in CFC configuration

  • From: "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 10:35:36 -0400

I'm in the middle of a Grid Control installation on a
cold-failover-cluster.  Just wanted to rant...  this is a major pain.  If
anyone has any tips or suggestions (problems you ran into and the solutions)
then I'd love to hear...  maybe it could save me a headache or two.  As if I
haven't head enough already.  Sheesh.

FYI...  it's on AIX (HACMP for failover), Data Guard for database failover,
storage on ASM.  Basically doing a stripped-down version of Oracle's MAA
white paper on Grid Control (no RAC or clustered AS).  A few of my headaches
were not Oracle's fault (the SA's and network guys here had a few duuh
moments) but doing GC on an AIX CFC has not been smooth by any means.

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL