Re: Grid Control and one database cpu usage

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:18:46 +0100

I don't necessarily believe any of the metrics are that sensible at an
*instance* level, they are very coarsely summarized ( 5 min periods would be
better for CPU but I don't believe they are there) and so both avg and
max/min are meaningless (at the very least without std deviation)

On 2 Sep 2010 16:40, "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That'll give the host cpu and not the db CPU
>
> I suspect that the OP is after something along th...
You beat me to it, Niall!  Although I'm not sure which CPU metric would be
the proverbial "best", so I came up with this one to let the OP decide:

SELECT
       mmd.*
FROM
       sysman.mgmt$metric_daily mmd
JOIN
       sysman.mgmt$target mt
       ON mmd.target_name = mt.target_name
       AND mmd.target_type = mt.target_type
       AND mmd.target_guid = mt.target_guid
WHERE
       mmd.metric_column like '%cpu%'
       AND mt.target_name = :DB_NAME
       AND mt.target_type = 'oracle_database';

The extra view and columns I used for performance, although that's probably
debatable...

And, of course, this is run directly against the Grid Control repository DB
and *not* the target database.  (thought it worth mentioning)

GL!

Rich