Re: Grid Control Metrics Question

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cjnewman@xxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:28:12 -0800 (PST)

All Metrics, select the metric, than click help...
that gives:

Total Disk I/O Per Second

Represents the rate of I/O (read and write) operations, calculated from all
disks.
Metric Summary
The rest of the information in this section is only valid for this metric when
it appears in either the Enterprise Manager Grid Control or the Enterprise
Manager Database Control (if applicable).
The following table shows how often the metric's value is collected.
Target VersionCollection Frequency
All VersionsEvery 5 Minutes

Data Source
The data sources for this metric include the following:
HostData Source
Solariskernel statistics
HPpstat_getdynamic(), pstat_getprocessor(), pstat_getproc(), pstat_getstatic(),
getutent(), pstat_getvminfo() system calls
Linuxuptime, free, getconf, ps, iostat, sar, w OS commands; /proc/stat
HP Tru64table() system call, uptime, vmstat, psrinfo, ps, who, swapon OS
commands
IBM AIXoracle_kstat(), getutent(), getproc(), sysconf() system calls
Windowsnot available