RE: Goofy Late Night Idea?

  • From: "Mohan, Ross" <RMohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 05:45:41 -0000

The only demos I see there are just kind of vanilla "use JDBC" for =
injection via library through EXTPROC (in "wrong" direction, of course), =
without requiring=20
JDBC.

To do this, I guess you could dump a client-based *.doc via ftp into a =
dbms-server based <directory> and have a db-internal process polling for =
results in <directory> and formatting same appropriately (via EXTPROC =
and library def) for storage. You get ability to asynchronously upload =
stuff and format it into db mediated by EXTPROC

This would obviate the use of JDBC to inject data in the db.=20

(Of course, it IS very late)