RE: Giving RMAN amnesia

  • From: "Siva Valiveru" <SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:07:01 -0700

$rman target /

# these commands should take care of all backups entires in the cf not
sure if there is one single command to clean up all entries
list backup;
DELETE FORCE NOPROMPT BACKUP OF DATABASE COMPLETED BEFORE 'SYSDATE';
delete force noprompt obsolete;
DELETE FORCE NOPROMPT BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG ALL COMPLETED BEFORE
'SYSDATE';

( more examples on delete to delete specific backupset
delete FORCE  noprompt backup tag standby_db_backup;
delete FORCE  noprompt backup tag TAG20060924T161151;
delete force noprompt obsolete;
DELETE force noprompt BACKUPSET 1054,1064;
)