Giving RMAN amnesia

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:12:19 -0400

10.1.0.4 on RH Linux using a control file instead of catalog.
How can I reset the control file so rman looses all its configuration and I can start with a clean plate. I can manually hack away file references and settings but, is there a way (command) to re set the control file. I know I can rebuild the cf by hand but was looking for a more elegant method. Ive looked in the reset database command through rman but that doesnt do what I want.

Ideas? Thanks Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify