RE: Getting ORA-01034 and ORA-27101 error even though Oracle is up...

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Magnus.Andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:37:51 -0400

Connect locally -- logged on as oracle? If so, try a different user account.

Two possibilities immediately come to mind - one is that the root chmod to
run the oracle.exe as oracle was not done, so it can't access the shared
memory,
the other is that there is a general problem with the permissions created on
the shared memory segments. If you're logged on locally as oracle, that
would mask either of these two problems.

Of course I didn't even look up your error numbers and this could be
something completely different.

Regards,

mwf