Re: General Instance Performance Monitoring

  • From: "kyle Hailey" <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yong321@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:08:15 -0700

 AWR report is slightly better which makes sense but not that much
better considering the price, but if you paid the Diag pack for AWR
report then you have access to so much more such at the AWR tables
themselves which are great but more importantly,  ASH and OEM 10g. I
of course like OEM 10g having designed the perf screens with John
Beresniewicz, Graham Wood, Gaja etc so there's a lot of good suff
there. If you like scripts and not graphics then you can run
@?/rdbms/admin/ashrpt.sql - a very powerful analysis of ASH, ie of
session states not aggregated watered down statistics. Of course AWR
report brings in a little of this value but not nearly as much as you
can get with ASHRPT and you can also run your own queries on ASH and
define any period of time during the past week from a few seconds wide
to hours wide - you are not limited to snapshot ids.
I've got some ash queries on
http://www.perfvision.com/ashscripts.php
plus look forward to a possible collaboration between Graham, JB and I on
http://ashmasters.com
where we'll be hosting interesting queries on ASH - ASH is the future!