Re: Gathering statistics for a specific schema

  • From: crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:00:55 -0500

Hi Charles,

Well, this schema owns the core business aplication and we are migrating
it from 9i to 10g, the problem is that this application presents problems
after migrating it to 10g, problems with most of the queries it does,
that's why the application provider and we  want to follow the whole
schema performance in 10g to be able to take decisions about what we
should tune in the database or the application itself, because this is not
the only schema we have, we have about 15 other different schemas being
migrated to 10g.

Regards,

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Gestión de Tecnología
Tel. 2307500 ext: 4077

"Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
Enviado por: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/10/2006 09:42
Por favor, responda a
sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx

Para
crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc
oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Asunto
Re: Gathering statistics for a specific schema

There are many things you can do with stats, and some of them are
downright really cool. But taking a step back from the syntax, let me ask,
why or how do you know you "need" the stats for a specific schema? Have
you identified a query and/or a column that is/are performing poorly
because of missing or inaccurate stats (or even accurate stats for that
matter)? Once you answer these questions, you can then proceed to answer
other questions like "What kind of stats do you need, in particular?"

On 10/3/06, crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
wrote:

Hi,

I need your help, I am new to the usage of statistics and I need to get
the statistics for a specific schema. I know that by using the package
DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS I can the statistics, but I don't know how
to manipulate them. Could you guys give me a clue about what should I do
or where can I find information about using this packege and manipulating
information given by it?

Thanks a lot for your help:)

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Gestión de Tecnología