GMT timezone - login trigger

  • From: "Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <Oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:02:25 -0400

Looking for some advice regarding timezones.  On my HP-UX servers, I have
serveral databases running (v8-v10).  I want one of those databases to run at
GMT time - for storing sysdate, etc,
The TZ=EST5EDT at the server level.
The database is already setup for GMT time, verified by the following:
select dbtimezone from dual
DBTIMEZONE
----------
GMT
According to the notes on Metalink, the above only applies to columns defined
as "timestamp with timezone".
A check of the date shows the server time being used (select sydate from dual).
It looks like my only option is a login trigger does an "alter session set
time_zone=dbtimezone;"
Any other ideas?   The database in question for this is a 9.2.x
Thanks.

John Fedock
K Line America, Inc.
john.fedock@ us.kline.com