GC preferred credentials for Win server hosts

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:52:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

I have a new 10.2 XE install on Win2K3 server (box is VMware if that
matters).  Since I'm running GC 10.2.0.3.0 (OMS and Repository are OEL4),
I've installed the 10.2.0.3.0 agent on the server as well.

Everything seems to work except now I'm trying to setup RMAN backups from
GC, which requires a host login.  I've setup a local (non-domain) user
called "Oracle" (mixed-case) on the Win server and added it the ORA_DBA and
Administrators groups.  When I test this account from GC in the Preferred
Credentials screen, it fails.  Since it's a local account, I've tried
"Oracle" as well as "MYXESERVER\Oracle", but each fails.

I then added the local "Oracle" account to the Remote Desktop Users group
and successfully logged into it using Remote Desktop.  I retried the two
combinations of logins (with and without servername prefix in the username)
and each still failed.

Since my personal domain login is also a member of Administrators, I tried
that in the Preferred Credentials and it worked!  But I can't get the local
account to successfully test.  The event log on the server shows no issues
and the error message from GC is simply that the test failed (not very
helpful).

Any idea how to further troubleshoot this?  Creation of a generic domain
account as well as using my personal domain account from GC to set up
recurring jobs are not options for various reasons.

Wishing I could have had the VM slice installed with Linux...

TIA!
Rich