RE: GC metrics for plugin not rolling up

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Oracle L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:52:06 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Chris,

I think you're on the right track, because LAST_METRIC_LOAD_TIME is NULL and
ROLLUP_TIMESTAMPS are '01/01/1900' for my targets.

These targets are from a homegrown SQL Server plugin (can't justify the
Oracle plugin cost), so it seems likely that the problem's on my end or
there's a step I missed.

Just looking at MGMT$TARGET_METRIC_COLLECTIONS, I see that my collections
and metrics have a 1-1 relationship, whereas the Oracle DB default has many
metrics per collection.  I have a sneaking suspicion that I have my metrics
defined incorrectly for GC to properly roll them up.  Checking on that...

Thanks much for your help, Chris!

Rich