RE: GC metrics for plugin not rolling up

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'Oracle L' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:06:21 -0500

I had a similar problem.

Do you have 10.2.0.3 databases you are monitoring?  (I couldn't tell from your
email)

There's a bug in 10.2.0.3 where the Metric Collection Timestamps get future
dated.  Once these roll into GC, the last rollup timestamp gets future dated
inside GC and no more rollups occur.

Really annoying.

Anyway, query MGMT$TARGET and look at the LAST_METRIC_LOAD_TIME and see if you
have any future dated rows.

Also check MGMT_TARGET_ROLLUP_TIMES and see if any ROLLUP_TIMESTAMPS are >
sysdate.

Usually any future dated rows will appear as 2010, or 2011.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.