GC 10gR2 mem leak on Oracle EL4?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:36:16 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

I'm running all server parts of GC 10.2.0.3.0 on a 32-bit Oracle EL4 box
with 2GB of RAM.  There's only 4 Oracle DBs being monitored by 3 agents,
including the OMS and it's repository.  I have an agent installed on a test
basis for monitoring SQL Server DBs, but that server is more or less
permanently blacked out.  My point being that there's not a lot to monitor.
Plus I'm the only end user of GC, but I'm in it all day every day, ususally
at the Top Activity screen for our production ERP instance.

I've been noticing a definite slow down in the EM website performance, so
naturally I looked up the OMS' host on GC.  Swap usage on the server has
steadily increased in the past month from 0 to 400MB.  The local agent and
OMS has been up for two months, with the host being up ~200 days.

To me this reeks of memory leak, but I'll be durned if I know where to start
looking, other than a generic "ps -efl".  I deplore the Windohs mentality of
rebooting, but I'm not able to justify to myself the time it'll take me, the
only DBA here, to troubleshoot this.

Thoughts anyone?  I plan on researching an upgrade to GC 10.2.0.4.0 at some
point, and possibly Oracle EL5, but not juuuust yet...

TIA!
Rich