RE: Fw: Re: ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted

  • From: patrick obrien <po04541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm not sure what a static table is but the backup I have is a cold backup, so
I assume it was very static when backed up.

let me see what I can do with RMAN,
thank you.

  From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>

  To: po04541@xxxxxxxxx

  Cc: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 9:59 AM

  Check out the sqlplus copy command for this.

  On Mar 23, 2010 4:50 PM,
  "patrick obrien" <po04541@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hmm,

      now I"m trying to copy this table using the create table as select
      and it does not like my LONG data type, any thoughts, thank you!

      SQL> exec DBMS_REPAIR.SKIP_CORRUPT_BLOCKS('AMS_AFINADM','AD_OBJATCH');

      SQL> CREATE TABLE AMS_AFINADM.AD_OBJATCH_NEW

      AS SELECT * FROM AMS_AFINADM.AD_OBJATCH;

        2  AS SELECT * FROM AMS_AFINADM.AD_OBJATCH

                *

      ERROR at line 2:

      ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype

      --- On Mon, 3/22/10, Saurabh Sood <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>

      From: Saurabh Sood <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>

      Subject: Re: ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted

      To: po04541@xxxxxxxxx

      Cc: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

      Date: Monday, March 22, 2010, 11:33 PM
      You can use event 10231 to complete the import process. >> refer to
      following link ...