Re: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 23:41:07 +0800

> > > effective implementation is to chown root glogin.sql and
>> > make it read
>> > acceptable because
>> >

>> > Good idea, and applicable to a lot of others as well.
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Cheers
>> > Nuno Souto
>> > in rainy Sydney, Australia
>> > dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> > --
>> > //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
>> >

>> --
>> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Believe it or not, humour works very well...I worked at place where all
production hostnames were prefixed with "bfc".  I assumed for many months
this an acronym relating to the company name in some way.

When I finally casually asked - someone said:  bfc = "be f...ing careful",
and that had been decided upon not flippantly, but at an executive meeting,
for its psychological impact  - because every time you saw it, you paused
for a chuckle, and that pause also triggered greater care...

hth
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"