RE: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>, <gmei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:02:54 -0400

I do the same thing, though mine is called oraenvset.   There are case
statements and more for each db version.   Like LD_LIBRARY_PATH is no
longer needed in 10.   etc.

Sets the prompt to the host.   Glogin sets the prompt for any database.
Oracle 10 client will set the prompt in an oracle 9 database even after
one is logged in elsewhere before connecting to it.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546