RE: Function - Based Indexes

  • From: Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:43:38 -0500

Thanks to Kevin and Mark.

Muqthar

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Toepke [mailto:ktoepke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 1:53 PM
To: 'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Function - Based Indexes

Check the dba_ind_expressions  table.

-----Original Message-----
From: Muqthar Ahmed [mailto:Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 1:40 PM
To: 'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Rafiq,

May be I did not explain properly.  If I use the following query, I will get
index names and column names:

   select index_name, column_name, column_position
   from all_ind_columns
   where table_name = upper('&tab')
   and index_owner = upper('&owner')
   order by index_name, column_position

   INDEX_NAME                     COLUMN_NAME               COLUMN_POSITION
   ------------------------------ ------------------------- ---------------
   TBLORD_IDX1                    OOOID                                   1
   TBLORD_IDX1                    SYS_NC00081$                            2
   TBLORD_IDX1                    OOODERNO                                3
   TBLORD_IDX2                    OOOID                                   1
   TBLORD_IDX2                    OOOTOTAL                                2
   TBLORD_IDX2                    OOODATE                                 3
   TBLORD_IDX3                    OOOID                                   1
   TBLORD_IDX3                    OOOUBMITDATE                            2
   TBLORD_IDX4                    SYS_NC00064$                            1
   TBLORD_IDX5                    SYS_NC00066$                            1

But it will not display function-based information.  In the above example,
it is showing only:
   SYS_NC00081$
   SYS_NC00064$
   SYS_NC00066$

Thanks
Muqthar

From: Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Function - Based Indexes
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:05:45 -0500

Hi,

If an Index is created on a column using Function then how do you find out
this information using Data Dictionary.

For example:
    create index tab1_idx1 on tab1(trim(lower(billaddress))) tablespace
users;

Usually I export table without DATA to see Create Index syntax.

Please let me know if I can use any Data Dictionary.

Thanks
Muqthar Ahmed

                *       *       *       *       *       *       *       *
*

The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged,
confidential, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any

other use, printing,copying,
disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal
restriction or sanction. If you think that you have received this E-mail
message in error, please
reply to the sender and delete it from your computer. Thank you.

*