Re: Full export and sequence behaviour in 8i

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JHostetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:15:09 -0500

Unfortunately, CONSISTENT=Y has no bearing on sequences. Sequences are
exported prior to the tables. If you are exporting even a mildly busy
database, your sequences will be out of whack. This is true with exp and
expdp (at least through 10gR2).

If your database is coded to 'auto-increment' sequences based on a table
trigger, I have a fairly non-trivial PL/SQL package I could share that goes
through all the tables in the schema to find the max PK and recreates the
sequences if they need to be recreated.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone