Re: Free SQL Server licenses for Oracle customers

  • From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 19:04:17 +0100

In Switzerland, Germany, Spain etc experienced support people were layed off and support is going to Rumania.
I don't believe that a company is able to replace years of experience adequately.
That is serious, because customers are paying for support.
Less service for the same money offers a point of attack for competition.

On 11.03.2016 18:57, Andrew Kerber wrote:

I wouldn’t say desperate. I have had a lot of feedback recently with my customers about oracle auditing policies, and pricing. They (Oracle) seem to be creating a more and more adversarial relationship with their customers.

Microsoft may simply see an opportunity to strike while the iron is hot. I think this is going to be interesting to watch, I am going to get some popcorn. And probably learn something about sql server too.