Re: Free SQL Server licenses for Oracle customers

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 13:23:47 -0500

On 03/12/2016 11:49 AM, Iggy Fernandez wrote:

I agree. If there is a lot of perceived value, customers are willing to pay. If there is little perceived value, customers won't come even if the product is free. Making something free is a sign of desperation.
Microsoft has been successful with that before. I remember getting Excel 4 CD for free during the times when Lotus 1-2-3 was the king of the spreadsheets. Now, Lotus is gone and there is only Excel to be found on Windows.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA