Fragmentation with restore multiple channels

  • From: Alex Cwb <ab80cwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 07:34:34 -0700

Hi people,

Recently I am facing a problem with fragmentation. A supplier is
arguing that the way we did a restore using RMAN with multiple
channels is causing many fragmentation on the database, and
consequently their application on my company is running slowly.

The restore has been done using 6 channels, and I guess that is not
true. The database is being used for testing purposes only, and during
this phase it's not happening updates.

Anyways, I did some research and I couldnt find a resonable answer. So
I am in doubt if restore in multiple channels really causes
fragmentation.
Does someone have any experience on that??

Thank you for sharing.
Alex