Formally schedule time to organize new Raleigh-area OUG @ East Coast Oracle User Group conference?

  • From: Dana Nibby <dananrg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 04:07:40 -0700 (PDT)

(reading and enjoying the ongoing discussion of list members' virtual Oracle
home sandboxes--no comments, just taking it all in. Sneaking in a Thank You
here).

I'm now registered for the East Coast Oracle User Group conference in Raleigh
(10/17 to 10/18). Early reg fee is $180. Early reg conf fee + preconf workshop
is $300 total. I'm taking Tom Kyte's Binding workshop offered on the afternoon
of 10/16. Lots of great content for 300 bucks (roughly double+ if I book a
hotel to avoid the I-40 Rush Hour Parking Lot).

Would it be appropriate to request a meeting time / room to form a new Raleigh
/ RTP-area Oracle User Group? At least two folks have expressed interest to me
offline in helping creating a new group. The conference would be a great place
to organize face-to-face. My main concern is avoiding contention with any time
slot that might be a "must attend" for lots of folks. Would it be better to
schedule this as an after-hours, off-agenda dinner / "pub" meeting? Wish we had
real pubs here... of the peat fire burning, shared-table variety.

Dana