RE: Forcing a re-plan

  • From: "Timur Akhmadeev" <Akhmadeev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <james.barton@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:28:32 +0400

James,

yes, starting with 10.2.0.4 (or 10.2.0.3 with one-off patch) there is
dbms_shared_pool.purge
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28419/d_shared
_pool.htm#sthref7227>  for that purpose. I've found info about it here:
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/2007/10/flushing-single-cursor.html

PS. it is #2/3 in Google "oracle purge/flush cursor" search ;)

Regards,

Timur Akhmadeev